About UK49s Teatime
UK 49s Teatime is a lottery draw that is different to most as it allows players to choose how they want to bet on which numbers will be drawn, rather than trying to get all seven numbers right to win a jackpot. The unique draw style gives players freedom in how they want to play it which makes it so attractive to punters in South Africa. Draws take place at 17:49 PM in the UK, and you can find out more information below
Friday, 23 February 2024
UK 49s Teatime Overview
There are two UK 49s draws per day—one at Teatime and one at Lunchtime, with details of the former available here. Here is an overview of the Teatime draw
- Draws take place at 17:49 UK time, with bets cutting off just before then, so you have plenty of time to enter between draws
- Six balls and a Booster Ball are selected in each draw from a pool of 1 to 49
- Players can choose different bet styles for each draw depending on which numbers they think will be drawn. Typically, players bet on a number of one to five balls being selected
- There are a variety of markets players can choose from, such as combination bets, 1st number bets or just betting on the Booster Ball
- There are two types of draw you can bet on—the six or seven number draw, depending on if you want the BoosterBball included or not
- You can play online or in bookmakers, with the majority of players choosing the former
How to Play 49s Teatime
The basics of UK 49s Teatime are that you bet on specific balls being selected in a draw. You can choose to be on anywhere between one and five numbers, and also have the choice to decide if that includes the Booster Ball or not. The wager is up to the player, meaning the amount they win is dictated by the player depending on the odds they are offered for their chosen bet style.
For the straight bet style, which is the most popular, you have to select a minimum of one number and a maximum of five numbers between 1 and 49. The different options are known as Pick 1, Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 4 and Pick 5. You can either choose your own numbers or ask for a Lucky Dip to have them picked randomly for you. Other betting markets are also available, such as:
- Combination—select up to 14 numbers and a combination of all these numbers will be entered into the draw via the straight method
- 1st Number— bet on which number will be the first one chosen. Be careful not to mix this up with the first ball that is shown in the results, as these might be in ascending order rather than drawn order
- Booster Ball Number—bet on what the Booster Ball number will be
- Odd/Even—bet on the whether the value of each individual ball will be odd or even
- Hi Lo—certain values are given to you and you must bet whether the ball will be higher or lower than that value
- Total Value—bet on what the total value of all six balls will be in pre-selected ranges
- Booster Ball color- each ball in the 49s draw is a specific color, and this market is betting on which color the final booster ball will be
When playing in store, you need to mark the Teatime option on your betting slip, and select how many consecutive days you want to play. You can enter up to seven days in a row and there is no fixed stake, so you can decide how much you would like to wager depending on what the bookmaker allows. Bets can be placed right up until the game's official start time.
You may also find these pages useful:
Check out the latest UK49s Teatime statistics, updated in real-time after each drawing.
Generate your own Quick Pick results for a future draw, as many times as you like.
See up-to-date predictions for the UK49's Teatime lottery, updated after the latest draw.
Odds & Prizes
Winning prizes depends on what market you bet on, but the basics are that you need to match the numbers you selected on your entry. So, if you picked four numbers to come up, and only three of your chosen ones are picked, then you would not win a prize. Odds and prizes are dependent on a number of factors, such as your chosen market and whether you entered the 6 Number Draw or 7 Number Draw.
If you win, you will be paid out in accordance with the individual bookmaker's prize rules, which will be based on the odds and the size of your stake. For example, if you wager £1 in the Pick 1 game in the '6 Number Draw', the odds are 6/1. If your number is drawn, you would win £6, and also receive your stake back for a total return of £7. The following table shows the odds of winning for each game.
|6 Number Draw
|7 Number Draw
|Booster Ball Color
|Odd or Even
|Booster Ball Number
|from 7/1 to 81/1
The rules of UK 49s were put together in consultation with the betting industry, but rules can vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. Each shop will have its own maximum bet and its own odds, and players should check the regulations outlined by their chosen operator before taking part.
UK49s Teatime Quick Stats
These are a quick set of hot and cold numbers for 49s Teatime. We have a more extensive selection of stats and the best free predictions on their dedicated pages that can be accessed via the buttons below.